Here’s a used Fulltone Tube Tape Echo electric guitar effects pedal/unit. This particular example, serial number 02182, is in like new condition and includes the original padded carrying case, owner’s manual with sticker, (2) Fulltone replacement tapes and original IEC power cable. Used for several hours only, and purchased with the extra funds from a large production budget, this example has probably less than an hour’s worth of total use.
It used to be that no delay could quite replicate the natural, warm, and shimmery tones of an old Echoplex tape echo—enter the Fulltone TubeTapeEcho, or TTE. Old tape echoes used to be noisy and unreliable, but the Fulltone TTE is dead quiet and features revamped electronics, tape transport path, and even the tape cartridge itself to near-overkill, producing less noise than most delay pedals. The TTE effect pedal can provide anywhere from a quick slapback to over 2 seconds of delay time. There is a top-panel-mounted, dual-speed toggle switch to choose between Hi-Speed and Lo-Speed operation. Hi-Speed gets you lots of Highs, less Bass, and a True Repeat without the Pitch variation of the old Echoplex. Lo-Speed is warm, with lots of Bass, less highs, and a slight “warble” that imparts a natural chorus.
– Servo-controlled, high-torque DC motor is quieter than the big AC motors of yesteryear
– 2 x 12AX7 tubes at 200V DC. Erase/Bias section function uses 1 x Electro-Harmonix 12AT7
– Handwired audio path
– Stereo outs, 3 stereo modes
– Proprietary, custom-made Erase, Record, and Playback tape heads
– Fulltone ETC-1 Tape cartridge
– Nickel-plated, stainless steel parts