This is a used 2006 G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy electric guitar. This particular example, serial number CLF 43073, was custom-ordered by a high-profile customer, and although the guitar was quickly completed for the rush order, the order was not fulfilled. The buyer backed out, and the 1-of-a-kind custom-ordered ASAT was then offered to a G&L employee for a discount.
Firstly, the ASAT Classic is the keystone G&L model. With a traditional Fender Telecaster inspiration combined with Leo Fender’s personal progressive innovations, the ASAT Classic is the best of both worlds. The Bluesboy improves upon Leo’s creation with the practical addition of a humbucking pickup n the neck position.
As can be seen, this guitar is in NEW cosmetic condition. It has never been used. Even the original mirror pickguard still retains the protective paper. The satin maple neck feels fantastic, and the guitar sounds great. The MFD pickup sounds great, and the Seymour/Lover is super rich. The guitar weighs 8 pounds and 10 ounces, and although slightly hefty, isn’t cumbersome. It is a genuinely comfortable and good sounding guitar. It does not include a case.
The custom-ordered options include:
– Blue Sparkle finish ($400 upgrade)
– Sperzel locking tuning machines ($50 upgrade)
– Mirror pickguard ($35 upgrade)
– Graphite nut ($35 upgrade)
– Alder solidbody
– Rosewood fretboard
– 22 jumbo frets
– Sperzel tuners
– 25-1/2″ scale
– 1-5/8″ nut width
– 2-1/4″ neck width at heel
– 7-1/2″ radius
– Traditional boxed steel bridge with brass saddles
– 3-way blade-style pickup selector
– Duncan SH55N Seth Lover humbucker neck pickup
– G&L MFD (Magnetic Field Design) single-coil bridge pickup