This is a used 1997 Fender “Mary Kaye” Stratocaster electric guitar. This particular example, serial number R2494, is in extremely excellent all original condition and includes the original trem arm/whammy bar, the original ash tray bridge cover, the original warranty paperwork, and the original tweed hard shell case! This beautiful Custom Shop ’57 Strat Reissue features the stunning combination of a Blonde finish and gold-plated hardware, and represents an incredible opportunity to buy a pre-Masterbuilt Relic by one of Fender’s longtime and highly-respected MasterBuilders!
This 1997 Fender Mary Kaye ’57 Relic Strat features;
– 2-piece center-seam Swamp Ash body
– highly figured flame maple neck
– soft-V neck profile
– mild and authentic-style Relic patina
– original Texas Special pickups
– Blonde Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
– aged Gold hardware
– Fender Kluson-reissue tuning machines
– factory 5-way switch with modern wiring circuit
– 7 lbs, 6 oz.
– pickup resistance measurements, 5.82 (neck), 5.85 (middle), 6.14 (bridge)
– reissue Tweed case
– Fender Customer Care card & envelope
This guitar plays and sounds every bit as good as it looks! The soft-V neck profile is very much like those orginally featured on ’56 and ’57 Fender guitars, and is perhaps one of the most comfortable ever made. The light lacquer application feels great on the neck, and enables better resonance. This guitar breathes and sustains, as it has had nearly 20 years for the finish to dry and settle.
Like many from this period, the neck is dated “2-10-97” while the body is stamped “DEC 15 1996.” This examples is 100% all original, and is both a fantastic player’s piece, as well as, a very smart investment.