This is a vintage 1954 Silvertone 1359 electric guitar. Similar to the Danelectro model U2 (aside from the proprietary headstock shape) this particular peanut (small) body example is in excellent 100% all original condition. This iconic single cutaway guitar is one of the absolute coolest guitars of the ’50s, and is a must have for both players and collectors. Finding this guitar is hard enough, but finding one in this condition with this incredible color combo is very difficult.
First and foremost, this example is in excellent 100% all original condition with no issues whatsoever. This guitar is perfectly intact, with NO breaks, NO cracks, NO repairs, NO modifications, and NO changed parts. Yes. 100% original.
This classic single-cutaway Les Paul design-influenced Silvertone features:
– A hollowbody construction from Masonite and Poplar
– (2) Lipstick pickups
– Original stacked CTS pots
– Coke-bottle style headstock (Slightly different variation from Danos)
– Concentric tone and volume controls
- Chrome-plated steel bridge with adjustable Rosewood saddle
– Original green vinyl binding
- Original open gear 3-on-a-side tuning machines